School will be starting up again soon for a lot of people(haha not for me! 😛 ) so I decided to go ahead and make a tutorial that would be perfectly adorable for the first day back to school. Actually…this sort of makes me wish I was still in school just so I could wear this look.
- Tape the tips of your nails to form triangular points, these will become the tips of your crayons.
- Paint the bottom half of your nail (or up till the tape meets the sides of your nails) white, this will give you a lighter base for the “body” of the crayons).
- Paint your nails using different colors, or all the same colors. Or you could use the colors for your school. Here’s where it’s a little different. Only paint one coat over the area you painted white. Do two coats over the rest of the nail.(make sure your tape is still on at this point).
- Paint a black bar at the bottom of your nails by your cuticles, take of the tape, top off with a clear coat and there you have it. Crayons on your nails!
Bonus Design: For an alternative back-to-school-look, paint your nails white, then a thin light pink stripe vertically on the side, and thin light blue stripes going horizontally for a notebook paper look.
I hope you enjoyed this look! As always, feel free to send me pics of this look on your nails or your take on the look via the contact form here, or in the comments below. I’d love to see your versions!
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear: Invisible
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear: Cherry Red
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear: Going Green
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails: French White Tip(came in a french mani set)
- Kiss Nail Art Paint: White
- Kiss Nail Art Paint: Black
- Kiss Nail Art Paint: Pearl Blue
- Kiss Nail Art Paint: Bikini Pink
- Milani Neon Nail Laquer: Pink Hottie
- Wet n Wild Megalast: On a Trip
- China Glaze: Breakin’