So…ok, I admit it. I was feeling a tad bit lazy in the “design” department today. But, to be fair, it’s been a busy weekend. Besides, this gives me the perfect chance to show off my new purple polish. Keep in mind that the colors can be altered to be whatever you want. Normal white with black stripes, hot pink with black, or like I did, purple with white. Just have fun with it!
As always, start off with clean nails & a base coat of polish.
1. Paint on 2 coats of your base color
2. Paint on stripes. For the first few times it may help to have a reference image to get a feel of how they look. But also keep in mind that no two zebra’s stripes are the same, so the best thing about this look is that no two designs will be perfectly identical(unless using a stencil of course, but that’s no fun now is it). A striping brush will definitely be needed for this, though it could probably be pulled off using a dotting tool. My best advice: have fun with it, and don’t try to hard to make them look perfect. Top it off with a clear coat and you’re done!
I hope you enjoyed this quickie design, it will take some practice to do your non-dominant hand(jealousy goes out to you that are ambidextrous) but you’ll get it!
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear: Invisible
- Wet n’ Wild Megalast: Disturbia
- Kiss Nail Art Paint: White