So here we go, my first makeup post! I’m excited, are you? Today I’ll be reviewing BareMinerals’ newest foundation, the BareSkin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation.*
According to BareMinerals, this foundation is a clinically proven tone-correcting mineral foundation and brightening serum in one. It’s ultra thin and provides buildable coverage.
- famous no-makeup look and feel
- skin-loving formula. no silicone. no oil. no parabens. no fragrance. hypoallergenic. non-comedogenic. dermatologist tested.
- clinically proven to improve the appearance of dark spots, skin brightness and texture.
- coconut-derived base with jojoba-coated mineral pigments and non-chemical broad spectrum SPF 20
- supercharged lilac plant stem cells and vitamin C help to reveal brighter, more even-toned skin
- ultra-thin, silky texture-one to two weightless drops naturally transform, soften and smooth your complexion
For a list of ingredients, scroll down to the bottom of the post. Now, let’s see how well this foundation works eh? To use, you need to shake up the foundation really well, then add one or two drops onto the BareMinerals Perfecting Face Brush* and buff onto your skin in circular motions. After that you can add more to get even more coverage.
Here we have a before…you’ll notice the uneven skin tone & a couple of minor blemishes, scattered freckles and a wee bit of my dark under-eye circles. EEK!
And here is the after view…
The uneven coloration is nearly gone, the blemishes are muted out and just in need of some extra concealer on the worst ones, most of my freckles have disappeared, and even the dark color under my eye has lightened up dramatically! [NOTE: I used 2 drops of the foundation] So how does the foundation actually stand up to the advertised benefits? Let’s see:
- No makeup look/feel: Yes. I can put this on, look in the mirror and touch my face without feeling like I’ve got a mask on all day. It also doesn’t sink into any pores or wrinkles through the day, so my face looks flawless until I come home and take off my makeup.
- Skin loving formula/proven to improve the appearance of dark spots & skin brightness/texture: After using it for about a month, I’ve noticed that my skin feels softer & seems a bit brighter. It also doesn’t smell funny, and while it doesn’t have a fragrance added, it does smell pleasant (IMO though, others may disagree)
- Broad Spectrum SPF 20/Lilac stem cells & vitamin C helps make skin brighter and more even-toned: Yes. Again, my face feels softer, looks brighter, and I’m not seeing as much discoloration (and less discoloration means I can use less coverage too!)
- Ultra-thin, silky texture: the foundation has a great formula. It doesn’t get stuck in crevasses, it doesn’t get cakey, and well…it basically feels like you don’t have makeup on. 🙂
Here’s a “swatch shot” if you will. You can see that it isn’t super runny, as it sits nicely in a little glob on my hand, waiting to be blended in. Also, just for those who are wondering, the shade I use is called Bare Linen 03, but you’ll also be glad to know that this foundation comes in 20 different shades!
Ok, so we’ve seen the advertised benefits and the actual benefits. We saw first hand how well it covered freckles, blemishes, dark spots and uneven skin tone. Let’s talk prices.
The foundation comes in a 1 oz bottle, and costs $29 at Ulta. I know, it seems like a lot for only 1 oz. of product. But remember that you’re only using 1-2 drops, maybe 3-4 if you need extra coverage. A little bit of this stuff goes a loooooong way guys! I’ve had mine for about a month and it hardly feels any lighter than when I got it, and this is from me using it nearly every single day since purchasing it. (yeah, that’s how much I love it…I use it daily!) Then there’s the brush. I’m sure you could use a liquid foundation brush or some other brush, but I didn’t even have a liquid brush so I went ahead and bought the Perfecting Face Brush, which is $28 at Ulta. Ok, so together both are about $60. But let me tell you….it’s worth it!
I absolutely love this foundation. I have never had a single beauty product in my life before that I 100% wanted to use every single day (and actually do), but this product is the exception I guess. From my experience, it covers well, lasts all day, and most importantly, it feels like I don’t even have any makeup on. And hey, for $30 it’s a pretty good quality product. 🙂
The Beautiful Geek Rating: 5 of 5 stars
What do you guys think? Anyone else try the BareMinerals BareSkin Foundation yet? Let me know in the comments below what you thought, or what your favorite foundation is!
*all of the items reviewed in this post were purchased by me. i am not being compensated in any way/shape/form by BareMinerals or anyone else to review these products. for more information see my disclosure + policies page*
Ingredients: titanium dioxide 11.0%, caprylic/capric triglyceride, coconut alkanes, silica, stearalkonium, hectorite, lecithin, glycerin, maltodextrin, coco-caprylate/caprate, jojoba esters, propylene carbonate, tocopheryl acetate, soil minerals/syringa vulgaris (lilac) leaf cell culture extract, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, sodium hyaluronate, phenoxyethanol, mica, iron oxides.