Welcome to Feed Your Face Friday, where I’ll be posting everything food related! From recipes, kitchen/food hacks, restaurants I enjoy and more! 😀
I’ve always had a passion for food, and although I’d hate to admit it, I’m a big boredom/comfort food eater. Nevermind that my PMS causes my stomach to turn into a black hole once a month. Anyhow. My first post features a quick and simple recipe, makes a good amount of food and isn’t expensive. Perfect for a college kid or anyone with a tight budget.
I grew up eating this casserole, even though I’m not a huge fan of tuna. However, this is one of my favorites. And while it’s not the most photogenic of foods, it really is pretty yummy (looks can be deceiving you know).
Makes 8 Servings
- 1 package Extra Wide Egg Noodles
- 2/3 cup Frozen Peas, optional
- 2/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (12 oz) can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 16 oz canned Tuna, drained
- 1 (12 oz) can Mushrooms, sliced, optional
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Boil water in large pot. Into rapidly boiling water, cook egg noodles for 6 minutes. Rinse briefly in cold water to blanche & drain.
- Using the same pot, carefully mix together drained Noodles, Peas, Cheese, Cream of Mushroom Soup, Tuna, and Mushrooms. Pour into casserole dish.
- Bake in for 45 – 55 minutes
I usually don’t add any salt or pepper to the dish prior to baking, because everyone has their own prefered taste. The BF likes it without any seasoning, while I load mine down with pepper and some salt. So if you know how much you want to add, go ahead and toss it in before baking.
Let me know what you guys think in the comments below! What else should I feature on Feed Your Face Friday posts?