This week I made lemon pepper chicken with oven roasted potatoes & carrots. I did cheat a little bit on the chicken and used a premade lemon-pepper blend. Next time I’ll probably try to be a little bit more grown up and use actual lemon zest & fresh cracked pepper…heck that even sounds a lot better XD. Moving on.
Like I said, for the chicken I just used a premade lemon pepper seasoning from the grocery store, and you could easily use fresh lemon zest and cracked pepper instead.
- 2 Chicken breasts
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning (or lemon for zest & fresh cracked pepper)
- 3 Potatoes, chopped
- Baby Carrots
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- Butter or Margarine
- Preheat oven to 450
- For chicken, simply lay both breasts on a foil lined pan and season both sides with your lemon pepper seasonings of choice. Set aside in fridge until ready to bake
- Mix together the potatoes, baby carrots, onion, and salt & pepper to taste
- Lay 2 large pieces of foil together, one on top of the other, on the counter
- Place your seasoned veggies in the center of the foil and place about 4 tablespoon sized pats of butter or margarine around the pile.
- Carefully fold up foil to create a packet, sealing in the veggies and butter. Place on baking sheet & roast in oven for 55 minutes to 1 hour.
- Bake the chicken for 20 minutes
This version feeds 2 people, with a little bit of leftover potatoes & carrots. Make sure not to overcook the chicken or it will dry out…like I actually accidentally did as you can tell from the picture lol. Let me know your favorite way to make lemon pepper chicken in the comments below!