It’s almost the end of January, the new year seems to be zooming by us already doesn’t it? And with new years come new goals, new “resolutions” as many call them. I’ve taken most of this month to really think about what I want out of 2017, and here are some of them (I’ve got them separated into three categories, Blog, Life, and Business):
- Blog More Often & More Consistently – no more missing several days (or weeks)! I need to take the plunge and fully commit to TBG.
- Start Posting Videos On YouTube – it’s always been a goal I’ve had for the blog, and something I’ve always been afraid to really take the leap for. But I’m really hoping to at least post some.
- Reach at least 500 followers on The Beautiful Geek – true, it’s only 200 above my current number, but it’s all about baby steps.
- Re-Organize & Clean Up My Blog – I want to streamline things more, and give my blog a more specific direction. I feel like I’ve got a gazillion ideas and hobbies that I want to share with the world but it’s caused me to try to go in too many directions. Cutting down on my general posting content categories will help make things easier – meaning it’ll be easier to create content!
- Make More Personal Updates – I like being able to share the adventures I have with you guys, but sometimes it’s hard to remember to share it here!
- Work Out At Least 1x Per Week – I know, I couldn’t get away with not setting the stereotypical “fitness” goal.
- Yoga At Least 2-3x Per Week – I never give myself time to destress. I’m hoping that by making a point to do yoga I will dramatically decrease my overall stress.
- Build All Of My Warhammer Models – and to have also gotten a start on painting them. I’ve got wayyyyy too many models (some of which still in boxes!) right now and before I allow myself to get too many more I desperately need to actually put them together XD
- Eat Better – A big goal for me this year is to eat a little bit less like a teenager whose parents are out of town (pizza, take out, fast food galore) and more like the adult that I’m (begrudgingly) becoming. I want to cook more, make better eating choices, and essentially cut out a lot of the unhealthy food I’ve been stuffing my face with.
- Be Healthier In General/Take Care Of My Body & Mind – This one kind of fits in with everything else. I really want to take better care of myself, from the food I eat to the time I spend on just relaxing and caring for myself.
- Declutter My Life – from email subscriptions I don’t need to clothes and junk I have at the house that I never use or don’t need, I want to cut out most of the things in my life that I don’t need.
- Start Selling Candles – by the end of this year. I don’t want to have lots of seasonal candles yet, but just to have a “year round” line to start with to get my toes wet. I’m very excited about this!
- Start A Biz Blog/Claim My Domain Name – I know it’s not necessary, but I feel like it would be a little way to stay connected to my customers. And it’s a good way to make use of a domain name so that when I am in a spot that I can sell from my own website I have it already (I’m likely going to start off on Etsy or something similar).
- Start Planning A Spring 2018 Line – because you can never start planning early enough!
And there we have it. All of my goals for this year. I may add to it as the year progresses, and I plan on revisiting this post about once a month with updates on where I am and how far I am from reaching some of these goals.
What are your goals for 2017?