Helllooooo lovelies! It’s been so long since I’ve been this happy with a nail art design…in fact, behind the scenes I have been applying and taking off one design after the next all this past week because I just wasn’t happy with them. *sigh* #nailbloggerlife
Anyhow, today I am bringing you this sparkly and Fall-ready mani!
Gah! ❤ I still can’t get over this new holo top coat that I have.
HERE’S WHAT I USED:
- Unt Peel Off Base Coat
- Black Tie by Confetti
- Holo On Top by Picture Polish
- Whose Line Is It Anyways linear nail decals from Live Love Polish
- Small silver rhinestones
- Nail Glue
- Orly Sec N’ Dry Top Coat
HOW I DID IT:
- Paint on Unt peel off base coat, let dry
- On pinky, index and thumb nails, apply 2 coats of Black Tie, let dry & then apply top coat.
- On ring & middle nails, apply 2-3 coats of Holo On Top, let dry & apply top coat.
- Once all nails are dry, carefully apply linear decal to ring finger nail & apply a generous coat of Black Tie, quickly & carefully removing decal immediately afterwards. *for an in-video look of how I apply this decal, take a look at the summer mani I did a little while ago*
- On pink, index and thumb nails, apply a small dot of nail glue near the cuticle & carefully place a single rhinestone on each nail. (it’s best to do this one nail at a time to keep the glue from drying too fast!)
- Once everything has dried completely, carefully add 1-2 more layers of glossy top coat to seal it all in!
I did this design on Monday and so far they’re still holding up really well! You can of course, use other colors or glittery polishes for the accent nails, but I felt the holo polish was a good contrast to the black. You can also use a thin layer of top coat on the nails with rhinestones to attach them as opposed to using nail glue, but since I used a peel off base coat on all of my nails I’m not worried about the glue making the rhinestones too difficult to remove. 😀